Wishlist

Wishlist

How Our Dream Project Would Look


    Sometimes I wish I was a random rich person who owns a multi-billion dollar film business, so this film would look so amazing that it would blow away Cambridge. This will be a blog about what my dream project would look like and things I'd change about our high school budget opening sequence if I lived in a world where I had a major movie production budget.

Actors




    I would absolutely hire actual actors, but too bad we are poor high school students who cannot afford to pay someone a few thousand dollars to act in our short opening sequence. Firstly, for our main character (Hailey), I would probably cast an actual little girl rather than have me as the actor because I am a sixteen-year-old teenager. At least I look somewhat young! I think I would try to cast someone similar to Mckenna Grace when she was younger because she is such a well-known child actor that it would definitely bring some attention. On the other hand, for the Father, I just want a guy who is someone in their 40s because it is hard to make a teenager look like a middle-aged man. Likewise, there needs to be an older actor with the masked man because it is clear there is a teenager under the mask and black clothing since Jason (the person playing the masked man) is definitely on the smaller and skinner side, so I want someone taller, so he looks dominating and dangerous. Overall, the actors would definitely be people who are the age they are supposed to be, so it is clear how old or young they are.

Costumes




    I would want just a few changes to our costume. For Hailey, I already like her costuming because is very fitting for our mise-en-scene with the pigtails and colorful outfit but with a bigger budget, it'd definitely give her a better backpack maybe with a popular cartoon character like Peppa Pig or Dora to make her seem younger. Additionally, the Father would definitely have black or brown squared glasses and khakis to make him look more like an older man. Lastly, the masked guy would have a mask that closely resembles a human face (we used a skull mask that was borrowed from our friend) because this scares all of us and is much more eerie. He would have tighter-fitted black clothing rather than baggy clothing because it seems less serious since it is so big (this is all that Jason has). Overall, consuming was pretty fine, but I do want to change some things.

Setting/location


    The first location, which is Hailey's house, would definitely be a set in a studio to help block out any outside noises. Additionally, Hailey's room would be painted pink and there would be dolls all over her room. The house would also look like a regular suburban house without any clutter. I would definitely pay to close down the playground completely of Miramar Regional Park because it was so extremely busy that it was hard to film anything. We didn't want anyone in our shots because Hailey was supposed to be alone and vulnerable. Plus, there was a lot of background noise due to people talking and other uncontrollable noises. The sun was going down and we had to wait for people to leave to film, so we were definitely rushing a little bit. The bigger budget for our setting/location would help us so much.

Lighting/Sound/Editing



    We definitely needed more lighting because the car scene was too dark due to us being isolated in a car that blocked a lot of light. Similarly, we didn't have enough light at the playground shots since the sun was going down, so I wish we could have a light that resembled sunlight. We would definitely hire someone to create Foleys for us because there was way too much background noise since we were in a public area, so it would be helpful to have someone who could professionally create noises that perfectly fit each and every shot. None of us would do the editing if we had the money because we cannot edit at all. We need a team of good editors or a really expensive editing program and paid packages or online teachers to help us edit, so it would look professional. Basically, the lighting, sound, and editing would look amazing if we had money.

    Thank you for reading. Please read my blogs and leave comments down below! I need the support to get me through filming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Shots and Angles Post

Mood Board

Specific Camera Shots/Angles