Secret Plot

Secret Plot

The Hidden Gem!


    While we were coming up with new plots because our old plot didn’t work out…there was a plot that I never revealed to my group members that I liked a lot. I did think it was a bit corny, but I honestly wish I had spoken up. I LOVE COMING-OF-AGE MOVIES! They are my favorite movies, such as The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Mean Girls. I wanted to step a little bit away from the whole horror genre (but still incorporate it) and include the coming-of-age genre.

Youth (the plot that never saw the light of day)

    Basically, it was going to follow this teenage girl who just lived her life freely, growing up and having fun. She’s riding her bike, shopping, and hanging out with her friends when she is young and happy. I wanted to carry the concept of growing up or “till what age are not kids anymore?” Suddenly, it cuts to a shot where she has a bloody knife in her hands and she blood all over her hands. She looks at it in shock and fear of what she just did. There’s a close-up of her face and she seems to be crying with bruises and cuts on her face. Then, a mysterious figure pulls her away from the scene and helps her escape. It leaves an ambiguous ending as to who she killed, what happened, and who is the person who took her. It combines horror, mystery, and coming of age all in one which is so unique and out of the blue. Our current plot is very stereotypical, so I wish sometimes that we could have been able to step out of our comfort zone.

    I also had a really good idea for the title sequence too! It would be a bunch of different mid-shot videos/pictures of her growing up. In more detail, it changes at a rapid pace with each shot lasting for less than a second. When it finally reaches a close-up of her face the moment she kills someone, the title sequence ends. It would have the text “Youth” (the title of the film) on top of this sequence of shots. Additionally, the filtering would start off extremely bright and saturated until it becomes dark. Thus, I think this would have been super cute and would fit my movie taste.

TikTok Inspiration



    This TikTok really opened my mind to coming-of-age movies and was kind of the start of my obsession. Even though it was just a small clip of a random film idea from a small creator, it left a major impact on me. I absolutely love this TikTok and it came out around the time I had just become a teenager, so I felt that I could connect with it. Boy In Red by @jimm1414 is about a teenager who rebels against his parents, cutting his hair, doing graffiti, and getting a tattoo and he's known for his iconic red sweater. It's crazy how I watched this video more than a year ago, and I still can't forget about it and I'm still taking a lot of inspiration from it. Hence, this video definitely sparked my interest in this plot, but it is a shame that it will never be used.  

    Anyway, I am just kind of a nerd when it comes to this type of stuff and I love these types of movies. This would have been extremely hard to execute, so I never even tried to talk about it. Maybe I should have. Who knows? Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mood Board

Transitions

CCR