Group Dynamics

Group Dynamics

Don't worry! It's been fine.


    Our group had many ups and downs. Before we switched to our new plot, I actually wanted to rip the hair out of my scalp. However, I feel like everyone is now pulling their weight and we equally have important roles after splitting our jobs, such as doing the Foley (Afifa), editing (Jaden), and acting (Me and Jason). Additionally, we have had help from our friend Logan because he has a camera and is skilled at filming. I definitely had hesitations about working with them at the beginning as we did not have any direct roles, so everything was vague. Plus, I felt more obligated to do everything instead of having assigned jobs and asking them to do things. Fortunately, we communicated and fixed this issue.

    In fact, I had a strong urge to work alone for about a week because I had no idea where this project was going or how it was going to get done in time for submission. I am a HUGE control freak and I hate working in groups. At first, it was only going to be me and Afifa, but since Jaden and Jason are our friends, we eventually let them into our group. It's hard to reach a compromise with multiple people and to meet deadlines and expectations. We definitely had trouble around this area of getting work done on time to complete our assignments that required our collaboration. Furthermore, it is difficult to find times when everyone is available to film and edit. Nonetheless, I am glad they were willing to talk with me and find a middle ground. In more detail, it has been SO MUCH BETTER now that we are finding ways to also be more independent, so we are able to get as much work done while still working together. Overall, it has been smooth sailing thankfully.

Afifa:

    She does most of the behind-the-scenes work like taking our pictures and she will be doing the Foley for the sound in our project. Sometimes it is hard to find times when she is available to meet up with us, so instead she took on a more independent role where she can work on her own time and still contribute to our final project.

Jaden:

    Honestly, he has contributed to the filming substantially by directing, setting up equipment, and driving to obtain BEACON TV items, such as a boom and light. Moreover, he was even the actor of the Father and will do a majority of the editing. Thus, I greatly appreciate everything he's done for our group.

Jason:

    Although his acting before was lacking a bit, when we changed his character to a less emotional one, he fit the profile much better and could act comfortably. In addition, he helped with creating the room for Hailey at the beginning of the opening sequence, helped create Hailey's room, and offered for our first filming location to be at his house.


    Anyways, those are my takes on my group's dynamics. Check out Afifa's, Jaden's, and Jason's blogs for their own perspective on our group! Thanks for reading and watch out for my blog on our updated storyboard. Until next time, BYEEE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Shots and Angles Post

Mood Board

Specific Camera Shots/Angles