Transitions

Transitions


1. Fade


    I combined an extreme close-up shot that zooms on a piece of paper with a big F and 50% in red pen as if I had failed a test and then faded into white onto another close-up shot clip of me waking up from my sleep, shocked by the dream. In real life, I would be terrified of getting an inadequate score on a test, so I decided to implement that as if it were a nightmare. The white fade-out is typically used for dreams, so I thought that this would be a perfect transition. The hardest part was definitely the filming because of the part where I woke up. It made me and the filmmaker burst out laughing every time we filmed, so it took multiple tries, but the test paper part was easy. My acting was poor, and you can still see me holding a laugh a little bit. Of course, editing was easy since all I did was add a transition from my editing app and cut the video to my satisfaction.

2. Dissolve


    For the two-shot and over-the-shoulder shot, I utilized the dissolve transition to smoothly move and connect the clips. My friend Isabella and I created it since it is a sequence and suggests that time has passed. At first, we greet each other and hug, then we wave bye to each other, and I begin walking in the other direction to indicate that I am leaving. While we were filming it, we thought it was humorous as we are stiff and bad at acting. It was a bit awkward since we were doing it in a class filled with people and some of them watched as we filmed and we were both embarrassed. We filmed it pretty quickly as we planned and positioned ourselves before and only had about two takes for each. The editing was the most simple as I used iMovie, which is on my computer, and it had a variety of transitions. I selected dissolve and dragged it in between the clips after I imported the media. Overall, it was amusing to us, but we did it fast since it was very easy to film.


3. Wipe


   The wipe transitions from me walking my dog Tofu in the morning with a point-of-view shot to him playing with his egg toy with an extreme close-up shot, which is just a few clips of what he does and shows the change of location. I wanted to incorporate him because I was taking care of him, and I thought it would be an entertaining idea. The walking clip was simply because it was me filming him from behind as he goes on his daily walk, but it was hard to get the clip of him playing because he is a bit camera-shy and freezes when I try to take photos or videos of him, so it took a few tries, but eventually, he was too focused on his new favorite toy. The editing was effortless as I cut the final product to six seconds, added a transition, and downloaded it, but I did not know how to delete a transition when I accidentally added another wipe, so I had to make a new project on iMovie and redo the editing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mood Board

CCR