Classmate Critique

   Classmate Critique


    I commented on Jason Truong's and Jadon Nagelbush's camera shot blogs. I loved how they experimented with different camera shots, and I could feel the different emotions and what they were trying to display. It was also a bit funny. Overall, they both did a fantastic job and showed their understanding of this topic.

    For Jason Truong's blog, I commented on the two-shot, which showed a friendly greeting between two people, and the follow-shot, which followed a person looking around. I found the two-shot nicely filmed and established a friendship, and its purpose is usually to show an interaction between the subject and the relationship. I could feel a casual, friendly, and happy emotion while watching it. Next, the follow-shot, which is utilized to capture the movement and illustrate the story, had a person walking around while doing the looking-forward gesture that signaled that he was looking for something. As a result, it created quite a curious mood because it made me wonder what he was trying to find. Thus, the use of two different people and the camera following the person helped set the mood of the shots, which were fantastic elements.


    Furthermore, I found Jadon Nagelbush's shots quite interesting and funny. I genuinely enjoyed her use of the high-angle shot, which is used to make a person small and weak. She used it to describe how a parent sees their young child, and I could really feel a childish and humourous emotion from it. Moreover, she used a point-of-view shot to display the subject's perspective of a gangster speaking to them. This displays the arrogant personality of the gangster and an intense situation because it shows what the person sees. In summation, I enjoyed all her camera shots, but these were definitely my favorite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mood Board

Transitions

CCR