Camera Shots and Angles Post

Camera Shots and Angles Post


1. Establishing Shot

I was kind of shy about having my face in all the videos, so I thought an establishing shot would be an excellent way to balance it out. In fact, establishing shots are usually used to introduce a location and to show where the action is taking place. Plus. also gives information about what time it is and what time of year it is. It was easy to film, although it was a bit too hot outside, but the weather was perfect for the shot. I chose pretty scenery and recorded it while it was still sunny and windy so it could evoke a calming mood while still showing a specific location. Hence, from the establishing shot, it is clear that it is currently the afternoon in a place with a lot of nature in a relaxing environment.



2. Eye Level Shot

The eye-level shot feels as if you are looking through the lens of someone who is looking directly at me. It enables the audience to clearly see my emotions. Trying to film the eye-level shot was very awkward, and I had to film this shot on two different days because I felt that my original one was too stiff. Me and my friends laughed a bunch, trying to get a perfect take. I utilized this shot to focus on myself and to display a cheerful emotion since it is a neutral shot. Overall, it is obvious that I am happy since I am smiling widely at the camera.


3. Follow Shot

The follow shot was something I wanted to try because it uses a different and more indirect perspective of myself with a moving camera. I was not sure how to move besides walking straight, so it did feel a bit dull. I just wanted to experiment with various types of shots, so I did a regular follow shot that had a neutral emotion. Moreover, follow shots are one of my favorite types of shots because they draw my attention and make me wonder why the director decided to capture their movements. It makes me feel like I am moving or walking with the character.



4. Point-of-view Shot (P.O.V.)

From the beginning, I wanted a point-of-view shot, but I did not know how I would be able to express it and make it clear that it was this shot. Thus, I decided to do a P.O.V. of eating a banana. The banana goes below the camera and comes back eaten, which makes it obvious to the audience. These shots are super important when directors want to dive into the mind of a character. It was hard to film because I had to film with one hand up and the camera up to my eyes while making sure the banana was in the frame. I could hardly see what was going on and it felt super uncomfortable with how close my phone was to my face. At least it was worth it for this cool shot that lets you see from my perspective.




5. Close-up Shot

The close-up shot was a little bit awkward to film because I did not know how to move my hands and not be too robotic at the same time. I just wanted to experiment with my options and focus on something other than my background and my face. I decided to grab my bear keychain and move it out of frame. Close-up shots are really good for showing things in detail for the audience to absorb information and will be important when I start to film later on. I will definitely be using this shot to make my film understandable and look like a real professional movie.



Overall, I hope I can become better at filming and being in front of the camera to allow shots to flow better and convey different tones and moods rather than being awkward and stiff. Anyway, thank you so much for reading! I hope you continue to see me learn and grow in the world of filmmaking as I create my final project.

Comments

  1. A shot that I enjoyed was the POV shot. I felt a sense of randomness because I didn't expect to see someone eating bananas for any shot. Another shot that I enjoyed was the Eye Level shot. I felt a sense of joy and happiness because of her expressions that were clearly shown in the shot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mood Board

Specific Camera Shots/Angles